A punchy, healthy and delicious recipe, simply perfect for indulging after a good workout. Many thanks to Jérémie aka Le Fit Cook for the idea and realization!
For the French toast:
• 3 slices of multigrain bread
• 1 egg
• 3 egg whites
• 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar-free almond milk
• ¼ cup (60 mL) hazelnuts, finely chopped
• ¼ cup (60 mL) flax seeds, whole
For the topping:
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) Allo Simonne Dark Chocolate and Coffee Spread
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt
• 6 strawberries, cut into pieces
• 1 banana, cut into pieces
• 1 tbsp. (15 mL) shredded coconut
• In a bowl, put the egg, egg whites, cinnamon, almond milk and a pinch of salt. Whisk and set aside.
• In another bowl, put the chopped hazelnuts and flax seeds.
• Dip bread slices in egg mixture and coat well. Then toss the bread slices soaked in the egg mixture into the bowl with the hazelnuts. Coat both sides well.
• In a large skillet sprayed with oil over medium heat, cook bread slices for 3 minutes on each side.
• While bread is cooking, put Allo Simonne Dark Chocolate Coffee Spread and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Mix well.
• Top the French toast with the chocolate coffee spread and other toppings.
Tip: If you don't have access to flaxseed, don't panic! You can use any seed (or nut) you have on hand, like chia seeds or sesame seeds. Note that all other options work as well, but will need to be finely chopped like hazelnuts.
Product we use in this recipe