Don't be intimidated by this decadent vegan cheesecake: it can be prepared in less than 15 minutes and it's all done in a food processor! Courtesy of Marie Michelle Chouinard, this is the ultimate recipe for all cheesecake lovers looking for a great vegan alternative. It's rich, sweet and delicious. Enjoy!
• 15 original taste Oreo cookies
• 2 tablespoons of melted vegan margarine
• 2 times a 227 grams jar of vegan cream cheese
• 1 time a 220 grams jar of Allo Simonne hazelnuts and dark chocolate spread
• ¼ cup of icing sugar
• 1 tablespoon cocoa
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• A pinch of salt
• Oil and cover with parchment paper all inner surfaces of a six-inches springform mold.
• Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
• In the mixer, break down the cookies into crumbs, add the melted margarine and mix again. Pour into the springform mold then spread around on the bottom and sides of the mold. Apply pressure to the mix with your fingers to make a compact crust. Cook 10 minutes, then let cool.
• Rince the mixer’s bowl. Mix all the cheese mix ingredients until you’ve got a smooth cream. Stop mixing and scrape the sides with a spatula if needs be.
• Pour the mix on the crust and put the whole in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
Dark Chocolate Coulis:
• 50 grams vegan dark chocolate
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil together in a double boiler or a microwave and let cool. Decorate the cake with the coulis once the cake is cool (the coulis should still be hotter than the cake) The warm coulis should immediately turn solid.
• Vegan Dark Chocolate
• Allo Simonne Hazelnut & Dark Chocolate spread
• Melt the solid chocolate in a double boiler or a microwave. Take molds in the shape of eggs and cover them in melted chocolate before putting them in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify them. If the chocolate is very liquid (in general, the less sweet it is, the more liquid), you might have to repeat those steps two or three times. For mine, using 70% Lindt chocolate, it took three thin chocolate layers to make one solid egg. Once the chocolate is real solid, remove from the mold and fill it with spread.
• Decorate the cake with the eggs or eat as-is! Add chocolate shavings as you like.
Product we use in this recipe