This delicious dessert that incorporates our crunchy hazelnut praline spread will make your guests' mouths water... if you decide not to keep these buns just for yourself! A big thank you to Emilie Gaillet
who offers us, once again, an absolutely decadent recipe.
• 10 g instant dry yeast
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup sugar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp. orange blossom water (optional)
• 1 cup + 1 tbsp. warm milk
• ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 3 tbsp. Allo Simonne Hazelnut Praline spread
• 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp. milk (egg wash for golden finish)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Waiting time: overnight
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1. In a small bowl, combine yeast with 2 tbsp. of warm milk and a bit of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
• 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Add the egg, orange blossom water, the rest of the milk and the yeast mixture.
• 3. Stir for 20 minutes by hand or 10 to 15 minutes if using an electric mixer until dough is smooth and slightly sticky. Add butter cubes and continue mixing.
• 4. Add chocolate chips and 3 tbsp. of Allo Simonne Hazelnut Praline spread.
• 5. Cover with a cloth and let rise for one hour until the dough has doubled in size.
• 6. When the dough is ready, remove a bit of air and refrigerate overnight.
• 7. Divide the dough into 16 pieces (approx. 65 g each) and shape each piece into a ball.
• 8. Brush with egg wash and let rise for another hour.
• 9. Preheat oven to 350 °F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Product we use in this recipe