Filled biscuits are always a winning recipe with Allo Simonne! The crunch of the cookie and the smoothness of the dark chocolate spread that melts under your tongue will convince you: this is your new favourite cookie!
• 90g whole raw hazelnuts or 90g of hazelnut powder
• 2 pinches of fleur de sel
• 25g cocoa powder
• 90g unbleached flour
• 2 whole eggs
• 70g butter (unsalted), very soft (if you have salted butter, then reduce the amount of fleur de sel in the recipe)
• 90g brown sugar
• If you use whole hazelnuts: Mix the hazelnuts with flour, brown sugar, fleur de sel and cocoa powder. Otherwise, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
• Add the softened butter and then the eggs. Mix everything well until a smooth ball is formed. Filter and keep in a cool place for at least 1 hour.
• On a floured work surface or between two sheets of baking paper, roll out the dough with a roller. Be careful, it's up to you to judge the right thickness, don't make them too thick!
• Preheat oven to 350F or 175 degrees C
• Cut out small circles with a cookie cutter or a glass, place them on a baking sheet with baking paper. You can keep some in the freezer and bake them as you wish.
• Bake until golden brown, on average 12-18 minutes, this varies greatly from one oven to another. Tip: turn the baking sheet over halfway through the cooking time so that the cookies are evenly cooked. When you press down lightly with your finger, the cookie should spring back into shape.
• Let cool on a rack.
• Scoop some spread in the middle of a cookie (no limit on the amount, other than the size of your cookie 😅) and gently cover it with a second cookie, press gently then keep it in the fridge for a few minutes so the spread hardens.
• All that's left to do is enjoy them and store them in a cookie jar.
Product we use in this recipe