In October 2020, we challenged our foodie contributor Claire to come up with a recipe for a festive cake to celebrate Allo Simonne's 3 years anniversary. Mission completed with brio! Not only is the recipe easy to follow (fool-proof, we'd say) but the result is as delicious as it is elegant. Try it to spoil your next birthday boy or girl!
• 3 eggs
• 75 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
• 125 grams ( 3/4 cup) sugar
• 125 grams ( 1/2 cup) yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 200 gram (1 ¾ cup) flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• A pinch of salt
• A bit of butter for the mold
• 220 grams (1 jar) of Allo Simonne Hazelnut & Dark Chocolate spread
• 220 grams (1 jar) of Allo Simonne Hazelnut & Milk Chocolate spread
• Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 350F
• In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar, then add the oil, vanilla extract and yogurt.
• In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt.
• Progressively pour the dry mix on the liquid mix whilst mixing until you have a smooth, homogeneous paste
• Grease the cake pan with butter then pour the paste into it
• Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The cake is cooked when you can put a knife in it and it’s clean when you remove it
• Let cool completely then remove from the mold
• With the knife, cut the cake in three identical parts, parallel to its length
• Put one of the parts on a plate and spread half of the dark chocolate spread jar on it
• Delicately put the second part of the cake on the other and spread the rest of the jar on it
• Cover it with the last part of the cake. Don’t hesitate to put the layered cake in the freezer for 10 minutes before doing the rest
• Open the hazelnut & milk chocolate jar, take the cake out of the freezer
• Completely cover the cake with the milk chocolate spread, starting with the top, then the sides.
• Put the layered cake in the fridge to solidify it (optional)
Products we use in this recipe