These delicious cookie bars were created by our collaborator, Une Maman Végane, who was asked to come up with a comforting fall recipe. They're made with a super soft cookie base and an ultra gourmet center with our dark chocolate spread. Mission 100% accomplished!
Salt flakes (optional)Chocolate hazelnut filling
• 1 jar of 220g of Allo Simonne's hazelnut and dark chocolate spread
• 2 tablespoons of vegan margarineCookie base
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup vegan margarine
• 1/2 cup brown sugar (we used dark brown sugar)
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon of plant-based milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Set aside.Prepare the filling
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spread and margarine. Heat for 10 seconds to melt margarine and mix well. Set aside.Prepare cookie dough
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, cream margarine, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Place 3/4 of the mixture in the pan, spread evenly and press down with your fingers or an angled spatula to obtain a compact and uniform bottom.
4. Top with chocolate hazelnut spread mixture and spread evenly.
Using fingers, break up the remaining cookie dough into pieces and scatter over choco hazelnut filling. Lightly press cookie dough into filling.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cookie dough on top begins to brown. Sprinkle with salt flakes if desired. Let cool, then transfer to refrigerator. Cut into 9 squares when cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Product we use in this recipe